Horsham College Uniform Shop
Location: Dimboola Road (Hall – Senior Years Campus)
Phone: 03 5381 7131
Business Hours: 12 Noon – 2PM
Term 1 & 4: Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Term 2 & 3: Wednesday & Friday
Click here for Uniform Shop Price List
The purpose of the Uniform Policy is to create a sense of collective and individual pride in students and their identification with Horsham College. School Council believes this enables students to participate actively and safely in school life. The wearing of uniform will apply during school hours, while travelling to and from school and when students are engaged in specified school activities out of school hours.
A committee with representatives from the students, parents and staff have reviewed our uniform. Changes to uniform will be implemented with the understanding that older style uniform can still be worn during the transition time.
The following is a description of the expectations Horsham College School Council has with regard to student appearance. The written requirements of the Uniform Policy take precedence over a student’s individual preference in matters of dress.
Financial assistance (either in full or part) may be available where there is genuine economic hardship being experienced by parents/guardians of students.
Exemptions from the Horsham Uniform Policy can be granted by the Principal (or his/her delegate) where he or she is satisfied that one or more of the following conditions exist:
- an aspect of the code offends a religious belief held by the student and/or parents/guardians
- an aspect of the code prevents the student from complying with a requirement of his or her ethnic or cultural background uniform (e.g. Muslim hijab for girls at Horsham College)
- an aspect of the code prevents students with disabilities from being able to attend school or participate in school activities on the same terms as other students
- the student has a particular health condition that requires an aspect of the dress code to be departed from
- other circumstances approved by the Principal
Adult students returning to part-time or full-time study will not be required to wear uniform.
For reasons of neatness, equity and pride in belonging to the college, students are required to wear the complete and correct uniform at school, on excursions, and on their way to and from school.
- New uniform to be phased in from Term 1, 2016 to the end of 2018. Beginning with the tracksuits.
- Only new uniform to be ordered from Term 1, 2016.
- All uniform will be purchased from the College Uniform shop. Substitutes will not be accepted.
- Wearing Horsham College uniform is compulsory, but students can choose the items they wish to wear. However, tracksuit pants are NOT to be worn as part of the regular uniform, they are only to be worn for physical education or sport. No particular item is compulsory except for a hat in Terms 1 and 4 and the Physical Education uniform.
- Hats to be issued to all students new to Horsham College. Replacement hats to be paid for by students.
- Physical education uniform can be worn to school when students have a physical education class in Lesson 1. The physical education uniform can be worn home if students have a physical education class in Lesson 6. Students can remain in the physical education uniform during Recess and Lunch if they have a physical education class on both sides of the breaks.
The Horsham College Uniform is as follows:
- Horsham College dress with navy upper case HORSHAM COLLEGE embroidered on the right-hand side
- Tracksuit with College logo on left hand side, upper case gold HORSHAM COLLEGE on the back of the jacket, HC in gold on the bottom of the right hand pocket of the pants. Jacket not to be worn in class, but students to wear this outside for non-formal occasions or sport. Track pants only to be worn for sport or Physical Education
- Unisex sports shorts with gold HC on the bottom right-hand side
- Unisex sports shirt with College logo
- Navy unisex trousers with gold HC on the bottom of the right-hand pocket
- Unisex shorts long and shorter style in navy with gold HC on the bottom of the right-hand pocket
- Shorter style shorts in navy with gold HC on the bottom of cuff
- Unisex light blue short sleeved cotton shirt, open collar (no tie) with navy blue HORSHAM COLLEGE written on the pocket in upper case
- Unisex light blue short sleeved cotton shirt, with a collar specific to wear with a tie, with navy blue HORSHAM COLLEGE written on the pocket in upper case
- Dark navy woollen V-neck pullover with College logo
- Horsham College socks in crew and short. White with navy Horsham College and Navy with white Horsham College. Navy tights
- Navy Blazer with Horsham College logo on the pocket
- Horsham College hat to be worn in Terms 1 and 4 when outdoors in the sun
- Navy scarf with burgundy HC embroidered on the bottom right hand side
- Navy tie with burgundy HC embroidered on the bottom right hand side. Cannot be worn with an open collared shirt
- Principal approved Rugby top at Year 12 only