SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN – Full Time
Horsham College is currently seeking a Specialist Technician to join our team!
This is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills in a fast-paced, friendly, technologically advanced and professional environment. The successful applicant will have support from a range of colleagues across the area, network meetings and DET training including mentor support from an IT Manager.
Horsham College’s IT system is set up as a blueprint (DET standard) allowing ease of management.
It would be of an advantage to Horsham College if the applicant has these skills or was able to develop them through on-the-job training:
- Windows Server Technologies
- Service and Management of Windows and Apple devices
- Network Administration
- Good communication and documentation skills essential
- Motivated, self-starter; able to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the work dictates
- Resourceful – able to find and research information in order to derive appropriate solutions to problems
- Punctual, thorough
- A good communicator, able to document technical procedures, and follow documentation of others
- Ability to troubleshoot and fault find through systematic processes of observation and elimination
Relevant experience in an educational setting, along with knowledge of wireless deployment and DET initiatives would be an advantage.
Previous experience with planning, deployment & management of BYOD and/or 1 to 1 user/devices in an enterprise environment will be highly regarded.
The applicant would also need to demonstrate the ability to plan and assist with the delivery of ICT professional development sessions and work collaboratively with the Schools’ ICT Management.
For more information or application process, please contact:
Information Technology Manager
Horsham Schools Network
Ph: (03) 5319 7505